Before working out chest, we must know the muscle anatomy of our chest. Chest primarily consists of three muscle groups pect major, pect minor and serratus anterior as below,
- Clavicular Head
- Sternal Head
- Abdominal Head
Pectoralis Minor – Beneath the pectoralis major
Serratus Anterior – along the top of the ribs
For workout i do following exercises which are compound or isolate movements.
- Decline Bench Press for Abdominal Head
- Incline Bench Press for Clavicular Head
- Flat Bench Press for Sternal Head
- Horizontal Dumbbell Fly, compound movement
- Clavicular Chest Bench Press, just above clavicular head
- Pull Over – serratur anterior
- Hammer Chest Press – for pump the middle chest
That’s it. Next time, when i enter the gym, i will make sure i cover all these muscle groups. You too. Cheers!!